The New Gold Rush Online
Sale of Mugshots & Background People Search
scamFRAUDalert believe individual’s PUBLIC RECORDS are not COMMUNITY PROPERTY nor are they the property of anyone who can quantify such information and make them accessible to the public via the internet.
They are the PRIVATE PROPERTY of the INDIVIDUAL and MUST remain PRIVATE.
Unless such information are sought by LOCAL, STATE, FEDERAL officials or some LEGAL ENTITY for legitimate purposes, these RECORDS in the PUBLIC domain are PRIVATE and not a PUBLIC COMMODITY FOR EXTORTIONS PURPOSES.
What really got our attention is the website Potential Predators ~ potentialpredators.com. The operators of the website had uploaded thousands of data onto the internet and begun contacting the general public that they were listed on potential predator website.
For a fee between $99 – $499, individuals could have their mugshots removed. This profiteering in our opinion is a proliferating threat to national security.
- The Hot New Internet Business ~ Miami Herald
- WhoIs Mugshots.com ~ BustedMugshots.com (scamfraudalert.org)
- WIRED ~ Mug-Shot Industry Will Dig Up Your Past, Charge You to Bury It Again
- Are Mugshot Websites Legal?
- Published mug shots: A constant reminder of one man’s past
- Mugshots Inc: ‘Legalized extortion’ or Constitutional privilege?
- Investigative Report ~ Arrests.org
- Remove Your Tennessee Mugshots From Tennessee.arrests.org (prweb.com)
- Service Sells Access to Fortune 500 Firms
- InternetReputation.com Quickest Mugshot Removal from Arrests.org (prnewswire.com)
- Mug Shot Profiteers ~ Willamette Weekly
- Extortion” Mug Shot Site Operator ~ Williamette Weekly
- The ‘Mugshot Racket’ ~ Citizen Media Law Project